Sunday, October 01, 2006

Kandinsky designs

I'm trying to design a quilt inspired by one of my favourite Kandinsky paintings, yellow-red-blue. I've taken just the left hand side of the painting and played around with the shapes and colours there and come up with several different designs. I'm not sure which one I'll go with yet, or maybe I'll combine a few or something. And then I have to work out how to build it.
























On a much sadder note, I went tonight to the Shiva (that's like a memorial service) of a childhood friend who died this week. I want to design a quilt with the memories I have of her, but I'm not quite sure how to do it yet. I know it has to involve music as we always sang together. I shall have to think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ferret said...

They are very Kandinsky. I think I like the third one the best though I am not really sure why. I think it just flows better than the other two.

1:12 am  
Blogger Ferret said...

I would use raw edge applique, but then what else would you expect me to say :)

1:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home